Thread: Fished The Race for the last 3 days :-(

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

Fished The Race for the last 3 days :-(

Well, it was tough fishing. They were there, and I was marking bait, but couldn't seem to get'em. I'm still learning at The Race and got more on the ball each day. Now don't get me wrong, I prefer to Fluke and Striper fish, but me and the wife were looking for some good action.

Today was a zoo...OMG. I finally gave in and fished within the armada of boating jackasses, and picked up a few Bluefish. Was going to strip their bellies and use'em for FLuke bait, but the day got late and we needed to get back to the barn. I got sick of the chaos of boats and took off east bound for the Race Rock after about 45 minutes. Farted around with not much luck and headed in for the day.

The fish were there, just not hungry for what we were offering near the rock (Diamong Jigs with varied teasers and blank, 3-wayed bucktails and Storms)...Oh well, at least we were out and having fun. I just need to remember that my wife is new (last year) to fishing, and I tend to lose my cool to quickly when she doesn't do what I ask, exactly when I ask. She stuck her hand down into the net today with a loose jig in there and a pissed off 8-10# chomper....I raised my voice a bit too much we'll say.

Anyhow....time for some rest.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    New or not, at least she's fishing now right?

Yeh, patience can be tough sometimes with newbies...... 8)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Newbie.....hah!! :P I am just happy to be out there. Will do some fluking next week, after I do some diving for starfish for the kids, on the Stonington Breakwall.

Have to get down and install my 182C as well, and reseat my port/starboard windows (they leak in heavy seas).

Also want to paint the floor...but that will wait until fall.

You wouldn't happen to have a blank Garmin Data Card, would ya? I just need it to upgrade the firmware on my 182C.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Sorry Brad, no blank cards here.....everything is gone from my electronics except my new EPIRB lol. (And new Life Raft!)

How do you like the boat's ride in the heavy stuff?
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    The boat rides excellent. Tender, if you will, on the drift, but she handles the massive rip swells/waves, along with wakes, with ease, and no water over any gunwhale or transom. Sweet. I simply love this boat. Lot's of things I want to do to her over the next year, but all is good for now

<>

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Awesome! I knew you'd love the ride!!!! 8)

nice