Thread: I caught the Crabs

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

I caught the Crabs

went down to the local beach today and flipped some rocks.The Asian Crabs were pretty cooperative.I caught a few dozen in an hour.My brother and I are heading out in the am to try tube & worm At first light and then off to togville.I built some tubes sitting home here's a pic

Cool Tubes! I bet those will do great....that middle one looks like the ticket

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Nice Info Chuck...

I do like the "old school" tubes with the lead head. My favorites, personally, and how it has been done for decades. No need for keels and all that jazz. I'll also bet they're mutli-stranded twists..right?
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

monkey wakker gave me some funky tubes...they work...look funky but they work

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    These I tied with 100# leaded mono with a long shanked hook about 3" .I picked up some stainless wire to do some over the winter.I had bought some of the tube from Dee's bait & Tackle and then I found a kids Jump rope made out of plastic tube.:rolleyes: My Dad had poured these lead heads 30 years ago .My brother found them in the basement along with some really old Niantic spinners.He's still looking for the old tool to twist the wire.The Ole man caught a lot of bass back in the day.(He must of taught us well WERE STILL FISHIN)

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Those look like cool tubes....multi-strands internally?

I don't use lead-heads personally, I build mine with the weight incorporated into the wire (multi-strands twisted, no cheapo single-strand wires for me LOL). Then I use leadcore line.

Yes, I actually like using leadcore vs. plain braid. It trolls beautifully, drapes nice, and tracks better than plain braid when making turns (no tangles).:cool:

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Thanks I like the idea of lead core .I tried one of those single ones .Twisted my line all up .The tube was folded in half in the pkg. and it won't run straight.I even put it in hot water it still goes back to a U:rolleyes:

You frequent Dee's?, They are the best! I have known them my whole life, GOOD PEOPLE...Genuine!