Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PICS ADDED! 10/15 10/16 Canyon Overnight Report L@@K!!

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

Lobstah PICS ADDED! 10/15 10/16 Canyon Overnight Report L@@K!!

A SMALL VERSION .... AS ERIC WILL PUT UP FULL REPORT/ PICS... PETE AKA REEL THERAPY/DAVE MORGAN /ERIC FORMULA/AND MYSELF. LEFT MYSTIC AT APP 1100 AM SUN. ALREADY HAD 5 FLATS OF SARDINES FROM CHRIS AT NYMANS..THANKS CHRIS.....WENT TO MONTAUK MARINE BASIN GRABBED ICE AND TOPPED OFF....LEFT ON WHAT WOULD BE A PROMISING NOAA FORCAST....F ED US AGAIN...NO PROBLEM ...GOT A LIL LUMPY FOR THE RIDE OUT..PETES 31 STAMAS HANDLED IT NICLY.....FOUND A BALL ON THE EAST WALL OF FISHTAILS..TEMP BOUNCED FROM MID 68 TO MID 69...TIED UP. SETTLED IN FOR WHAT WOULD BE A BOUNCY NIGHT...NO PROBLEM...TROLLED DOWN THE EAST WALL BACK UP THE WEST WALL...GRASS PATCHES ALL OVER...TALLY WAS A COUPLE YELLOWFIN..A 40 LB SWORD FISH..RELEASED BACK TO THE DEEP..A SMALL PUP MAKO...A BUNCH OF MAHI. ONE I GRABBED AT NIGHT ON MY CAPT NEIL FAULKNER CUSTOM ROD....LOL.. WORKED GREAT... MOST IN THE 15 LB CLASS... HAD LUMPY RIDE BACK. XCEPT FOR THE LAST HALF WHERE THE HIGH PRESSURE MOVED IN A FLATTENED OUT.........GREAT TRIP TO END THE CANYON SCENE...THANKS PETE.............JIM

Last edited by 74Formula233; 10-17-2006 at 04:45 PM. Reason: BECAUSE I CAN

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    btw...it Seemed Boats Tied Up On The West Wall/or Could Drift Faired Better..........

Senior NBS Member Capt Neil Faulkner's Avatar
    Home Port
    Sayville, NY 11782
    Hi JIm,

For minute there I thought you were going to say you hooked up a big fish on that rod. You had me worried for a minute. Ha! Sounds like you had a nice trip. Glad to see you get out fishing. Hopefully I can get out this Sat for some tog.

Capt Neil
    Custom Fishing Rods by Capt Neil
    Home of The Long Islander Series of rods
    Sayville, Long Island, New York

(631) 567-8049

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    ha, i will say this neil..a pissed off 15lb mahi was a blast on that rod.. you r my go to guy for all my custom rods........thanks... eric will have pics up soon........

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    I will post up pics soon.....

Going thru them all now and trying to do a million other things....should have them up by this afternoon.

Home Port
    CT
    Images
    very nice trip. glad you guys were able to join me. NOAA forecast was a bummer as we really weren’t able to fish the way we planned but we managed to have a good trip and bring back some fish.

pete
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Sounds like you guys had some fun and a variety of fish.

Were you using a light for the sword rig?

pictures please

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    OK, there's a sh!tload of them......:cool:

I'll have to make several posts.........

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    More pics here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast