Thread: Regal Sword Report

Home Port
    CapeCod

Regal Sword Report

hit the sword in search of some fall footballs...

reports have been for an early bite, tapering off around 8am. so it didn't help that one of the guys got lost and was late...real late. even that couldn't get my spirits down as we headed out into flat calm seas w/no wind and got to head right into an absolutely beautiful sunrise. we had lines in at around 7:45 and immediately had some thrashings and a couple knock downs on the way back bar. 10 minutes later we were tight. sublegal fish, but it was the first for the guy on the rod, so it was very exciting. things dried up after the first fish for about 4 hours. then around noon the birds started getting a little excited and we picked up two more small guys. heard on the radio some talk of a 300lber that didn't get landed and know of a couple guys that bagged a 62" fish, so there are bigger fish there.

water temps were between 57 and 58. there were a lot of trawlers around (herring, i believe). did not mark much bait whatsoever (coincidence?). only saw a few whales all day where this area is usually pretty active w/whales. hopefully i make it out a couple more times although this saturday is not looking promising...

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    nice trip..............great catch..........jim

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Awesome! Yeh, I've been hearing that there are some nice sized ones still swimming around up there! :cool: