Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Moon Fishing Rescue at sea...

Home Port
    Branford, CT

Full Moon Fishing Rescue at sea...

I don't want to steal Chucks thunder as I'm sure Chuck will give better details tomorrow...

Long story short, I was at the dock after work getting ready to go fishing with a couple of friends and the ambulance shows up. They ask if anybody called for an ambulance, we answer NO. Since my bait is missing, I call Chuck on the phone to see if I can borrow some.

Chuck says he's in the middle of a rescue and that the ambulance is meeting him at he dock. I say that the ambulance is leaving so I hang up and run after the ambulance and finally stop them. We wait at the gas dock where I flagged Chuck down.

A guys boat capsized at the Beacon and the guy floated in 61 degree water for approx. 2 hours all the way to Browns reef where chuck pulled him into the boat. The guy said he anchored off his stern and took on water. When he realized he was going down, he put on a life vest and abandoned ship.

Luckily Chuck was there to save his life. And after that, Chuck took me and my friends fishing and we caught some monster blues.

Chuck can fill us in on the fine details.

Way to go Chuck!!!!!!!!

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice job Chuck!

I'll never understand what the reason is for people anchoring off the stern, but they will continue to do it I guess.

Glad he made out OK! :cool:

Fine job!!!

I hope that you got the numbers on that new wreck.

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    Nice article.

So Chuck is available for interviews? Like we need to hear more of his rants on how he catches big stripers and blues and rescues people in between, just to break up the monotany of catching all those friggin' fish.

I'd rather be hit in the head with a boat fender. LMAO
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing View Post
    Again, Chuck, awesome........can only imagine what was running thru that guy's mind as he was drifting for those 2 hours.....the sight of your boat approaching must have been the best thing he has ever seen!

Carl, no thunder here.....it was a nice feeling to help someone....see i aint so bad....now if it was some one else...maybe i would still stop, but the rope i would tie to thier leg and tail drag em like a mako. LOL

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    LOL

Now we all know tail ropeing and dragging are for certain species, like mother-in-laws, ex-wives, bosses...

Home Port
    Branford Ct.
    Nice job Chuck!!! He is very lucky.

Home Port
    Clinton
    Way to go Chaldo. You da man.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast