Thread: 10/19 Update : Performance Better Now

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

10/19 Update : Performance Better Now

10/19/2006
    I think I got the performance thing whooped, for the most part. I removed the rank counters from the bottom (one was a javascript routine)along with the rotating ad banner (as it was all javascript). It appears that Firefox handles the JS load with ease, however, Internet Explorer (Microsoft's worst piece of garbage yet) doesn't load it up very well. I stop with the techno-dribble, but it looks like it is much snappier now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we continue to experience the nuances of a new forum board and are working actively on getting everything stable. As of 10/14, it appears quite stable at this point...as of 10/18, the performance in MS IE is stll too variable to be accepted.

We have made a few changes (under the hood) that should make things work a little better.

10/18/2006
    Performance under Microsoft Internet Explorer is still variable. It gets better after some DB maintenance, however, I shouldn't have to do that every day. I am still investigating, to the point of possibly even moving the hosting service for this board. We appreciate your patience, and please be assured we are actively looking at this.

10/12/2006
    Performance under Microsoft Internet Explorer seems better now that I adjusted the folder layout on the server and some other setting changes, as recommended by vBulletin support. It is definitely faster than it was, but not as fast as Firefox. (Firefox is an excellent browser replacement and is much quicker, in overall web surfing, than IE...give it a shot).

FIXED: 10/12/06
    • The "Reset Password" process is now working properly
    • The "Email Confirmation" is also working correctly now as well

If you note anything else awry, please post a thread in the Board Information section.

We appreciate your patience, and will have the issues corrected ASAP.

Sincerely,

NB$S Administrative Staff -

"NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Thanks for all the effort Brad! I'm sure you'll get it nailed down soon :cool:

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    Just an FYI -
    Am using Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 browser and am experiencing no problems.
    Thanks.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Bob & Mag:

I am a Firefox junky (albeit, the initial release was much better than the current 1.5.0.7 revision). Even then, it kicks the tar out of the Microshat Internet Explorer. It will be interesting now to see what IE 7 brings (as it was release today). It is tabbed browsing as well (like Firefox), and it supposed to be "better" than its' 6.x predecessor.

To everyone else. Get Firefox

Beyond that, we will work through any issues we can, and think we have the Internet Explorer issue pinned down at this time. Site loads much faster as of about an hour ago, and I have got some confirmatinos of this as well.

Shout out if you have an opinion either way!!
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

thanks tome it's fatser...tell em possum...tell em...I am an IT whiz

Looks and loads fine with Safari 1.3.2.
    Good job Possum!

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    11/3/06 Dont blink this morning because you'll miss it .Click on it and bam its open and my putor is junk. WTG .THATS HOW YOU GUYS DO IT .