Thread: Need a little imput/help

Need a little imput/help

I am installing a new woodburning fireplace insert. I have removed the old one and want to use it for an outside pizza oven/porketta smoker. I built the base it is going to sit on, and I am going to surround the whole thing with brick and then stucco it. The part I am stuck on is the top cooking layer. What kind of stone can i use as a cooking surface, and how should I run the stack? The stack on the insert is in the middle. I want to put a seperation between the 2 layers and run the first stack into the bottom left side on the cooking layer. And run the snd stack on the right side top of the cooking layer. Has anyone done this or has plans on how to do it? I would really appreciate it. Or any other ideas would be considered also.

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

i just order my pizza.

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    Sounds like a great project. When finished, I'll be over for a porketta pizza.:cool:

For the cooking surface, I would suggest talking to someone who works or owns a pizza joint that has a brick oven. Also maybe try a skilled mason that knows about this. Or check with a masonry supply house for suggestions.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Halfpoint check these links should help you out http://www.fornobravo.com/pompeii_ov...peii_oven.html http://www.traditionaloven.com/pizza...za_oven_2.html Let me know what time dinner is Nice hot bread too

There is nothing like porketta done in a brick oven!! We do alot of specialty made foods for people so the oven would help alot. When you have to make 20 porketta's, Ya kinda run out of room in your kitchen oven.