Thread: Big day Bass fishing Branford/Madison

Big day Bass fishing Branford/Madison

Geat day on the water.. All fishing was on the fly rod.. Started in Madison Guilford area at 6:30am. Fished the incoming and were into non-stop surface feeding bass with a few blues here and there. As the tide slacked off we went up a local river and chased some Bass in skinny water… That was fun. Ended the A.M. with what I think was a Shad, on the fly but before I got it to the boat we saw three fat girls chasing it… I let one take it and was hooked onto a monster for about 10 min. Its hard to tell in the water but I think the fish was in the mid 40in range. I have had 40+ inch fish on my 9wt before, but this fish worked me harder than any of those fish.. maybe it was the skinny water. Anyway after 10 min she headed for a bridge pilling so I had to increase the pressure and the hook pulled out… but it was a fun 10 min….
    Headed out in Branford later that day and hit lots of top feeding bass again.. What a great fall day!

Chris

P.S. Hey Chuck I am the guy with the Maritime Skiff on your same dock.... Nice to have found your reports again

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice report! Hellova way to spend a fall day :cool:

schweeeet

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    Nice report.

Maybe tomorrow or sunday we'll be able to head out onto the water again.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    What a great day that sounds like .Hopefully I can get a few of those bass next week

Chcuk,

Is this rumor true...you found someone in the water/

If so great job, this is the time of year when going in the water isn't quite as much fun/

It is great for all of us out on the water to know that other people are aware and heads up enough to lend a hand.

Great job if this is the case, I would klike to hear the deatils.

Eric

Just noticed you are the FLYGUY on F dock......and there i am offering you bunker the other day....

Chuck,

That was me.. Thanks for the offer the other day.. I have been thinking about trying the live line thing? It can be a challenge to tie and cast big bunker flies, and even harder to get the really big fish to come to those flies. Maybe I can pick your brain about the basics some day?

Chris

why don't we just let a swimmer run on a fly line? hmmmmm?/?

Hummmm... Bunker will not hit the fly so we would have to snag or net the bunker first, but it would/did work with the shad..

By the way- the day you offered me the Bunker it WAS rough as hell, so I stayed in the harbor and was able to pick up a nice fat 40incher (actually measured 39, but since I am a fisherman I will call it 40 ).. nice surprise on a hard fly fishing day!