Thread: Internet Explorer 7 : Get it !!

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

Lightbulb Internet Explorer 7 : Get it !!

Well, I must say, Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7 is almost impressing me (which is a long shot for Microsoft). It is clean, quick, and leaps ahead of IE 6, which most of y'all are likley still using (since IE 7 went public yesterday). I would highly recommend downloading it, installing it, and running all the updates (via Windows Update) to ensure all hot fixes are installed.

You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/...s/default.mspx

I have been a Firefox and/or Opera fan for many years, avoiding IE like the plague, however, I'll give this a whirl for a bit and see what happens.

Enjoy !!

"NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    willington ct
    Images
    Geez i just loaded firefox and it kicks azz over IE 6 why would i want to go back to IE i dont thik sooooooo LOL

If it sez microsoft, I run away.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Raven & DSG, I agree, however, the VAST majority of internet users are either with Internet Explorer (Microsoft) or, even scarier, their ISP's browser (Yahoo/DSL, AOL, etc..).

As I stated, I use Firefox and Opera, nearly exclusively for my own browsing, however, when working in this eWorld, you have to test your work on the leading use products, even if you don't agree with it.

My philosophy is typically to run away from Microsoft as well, however, Linux does not meet all my graphic and development needs (since the toolsets are there, just not quite a user friendly as Windows). I can write HTML, Java, JS, CSS, PHP, etc..., however, I don't want my home based work to take that amount of time, so I use Dreamweaver....not an option for the straight Linux setup. This is not to mention the myriad of graphics software I use, and I am not a Mac fan (too much $$$ for my needs).

If you use graphics software then the Mac is not too much $$$. IMHO

nerd boy

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Deep_Sea_Gull View Post
    If you use graphics software then the Mac is not too much $$$. IMHO
    Well, I guess it depends on your needs, and preferences. My primary WinXP PC is a custom built (by me, go figure) Intel Dual Core 950 / 3.4 Ghz CPU, 2 GB Dual Channel PC8000 Memory, 1 TB SATA storage set in a RAID5 configuration, 256 MB GeForce 7800 AGP card....blah, blah, blah, so this more than meets my graphics needs (actually, complete overkill in all reality). I managed to pick all this up at computer shows, from guys I have been dealing with for years, for, literally, a song and some sidework, otherwise it would be big $$$.

I've found the Dual Core processors to be rather adept at the threading needed in graphics utilization, when paired with the right video card, and proper memory configuration.

The Macs are cool, don't get me wrong, they're just not my thing. I prefer a Linux O/S over most, but it isn't quite there yet for all my needs. I do use Linux SUSe as my secondary machine, and primary web surfing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing View Post
    nerd boy
    Can't help it Chuck...it's my thing.

I hear ya Possum. You have come a long ways.
    Now where the heck does Full Moon Fishing get off saying nerd boy????