Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asian Crab Question for all

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

Asian Crab Question for all

How do you keep these Lil Bastids alive ?I put them in a bucket with saltwater and the next morning they were dead.Would it be better with just a little water with the tiny stones from the beach?

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    No water. That'll kill'em unless you had them in a commercial grade saltwater tank.

Leave 'em dry, and keep 'em cool/cold. If you can refrigerate them, do that. If not, it's cool enough out at night now, that they'll be fine on their own. :cool:

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    I've got mine in a bucket under the dock. Holes drilled into cover and bottom of bucket. If you can't keep them that way, than what 74... says. I'd also put a damp burlap bag over them.

If you do keep them at a slip feed em, especially if they're mixed with green crabs. It'll stop them from eating each other.

either in a bucket with no water...or for longer eriods of time, in a bucket with a million little holes, soaking at the dock.
    or they are soooooo cheap just keep buying em from dee's! LOL

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Greens are $8/Gallon at John's Bait on Frenchtown Rd. in North Kingstown.

Cheap enough!

Went thru 2-1/2 Gallons yesterday, 3 guys, but went in with our limit. :cool:

I just keep them in a small cooler. I have had them alive for atleast a week

that too

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Thanks All ,Without slipping the boat The bucket on the dock is out ,so I'll try the cooler with some burlap inside.What the H*ll all my other coolers smell like fish whats one more:rolleyes:

I went to check on my boat in yesterdays blow..and to my surprise the bucket of greens and cooler of asains were still alive and kicking after 7 days towel over the bucket and the lid partially closed on the cooler...now they only have to last till wednesday when I can go feed them to the tog!!!!!:cool:
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

They'll Last For Weeks, And Then Die The Night Before You Need Em....lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast