Thread: Skunked Again

Home Port
    RI

Skunked Again

My second attempt at catching the sneaky tautog was another failure.

Anchored up off the coast of Narransett over the edge of a rockpile that rises from 41 feet to 14 feet. wasted a dozen or so crabs with no luck. tried the other side of the pile, and on top, no luck.

Moved up the bay to a rocky point of a small island. anchored so I was in about 18 ft of nice rock bottom, which rises quickly. wasted more crabs with no luck. let out some scope to get in closer to and still no luck.

had to head home once again without a tog in the cooler.

I will keep trying.

Zac

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Happens Zac, keep trying. Can't tell you how often I see guys anchored even right next to us getting nothing while we bail them.

Not to sound pompous, but it rarely happens the other way around thank God LOL.....but happens often.

But we've been at this game a LOOONG time LOL. :cool:

oh puuuullleease eric

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing View Post
    oh puuuullleease eric
    ain't ALL luck, Chuck!

Tried calling a friend of mine over to share the bite with him, but he was stubborn and took a while to come over.

When he did, the bite had slowed (tide) and he only managed a few. But still, the spot makes such a difference. He was on the hook right next to us, as were many at some points. We never moved, everyone else did. Usually the case there.

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    Zac, don't give up. Once you hit them you'll have a better understanding of their habitat, etc. Then you'll be back for more, I guarantee it.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
    Zac, don't give up. Once you hit them you'll have a better understanding of their habitat, etc. Then you'll be back for more, I guarantee it.
    You're not kidding...for some reason it is one of the most addicting species to fish for i think...... :cool: