Thread: 10/24 On the rescue boat

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

10/24 On the rescue boat

I warned him before I went fishing with him.If anything could go wrong it would with my brother and I. Met Chuck at 4:30 and we set out wind was not blowing to hard headed up river to set the net the first time .After the 4th time and still no bunker we grabbed some eels from the dock and headed out.I knew last night i should bring frozen bait and did .It did'nt matter to the fish that the bait was frozen they hit it anyway.The wind started kicking up out of the west on an incoming tide Made a few drifts with no hits .A friend of Chucks gave us some fresh bunker and we headed east.We got to the spot off branford and marked good fish.Now the wind was blowing real good so we drifted opposite the tide flow which was ok.My brother hooked up and landed his first keeper bass .Measured up around 33 inches.All I could catch was massive bluefish.I may of had a bass on for a few seconds it felt real good the dropped it .Story of my life .That elusive striper strikes again.All in all we had a lot of fun fish & food .That will teach him to take a BANANA on board

Great time, lots of blues, we need to watch the weather and do a last minute trip with our common friend "furious george" I will be having pizza at sally's tonite with him....Too bad about the winds.....that can be a problem this time of year....

These brothers were a blast!!! Lotsa laughs....Next time will get all bass.... and one blue!

note: bluefish hit heads and they run...taking on characterisatics of bass...even the sizes are getting big...next you may start to see stripes on bluefish:mad:

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice!

But it doesnt sound like much went wrong lolol

Home Port
    RI
    that is a monster blue in the third pic.
    NICE!!!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Wallingford, Ct
    Nice day of fishing
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    Nice bunch of fish you got there.