Thread: Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx w/PICS

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

Garmin GPSMAP 76Cx w/PICS

Just ordered one and it will be in tomorrow. Ordered the MapSource Bluechart CD too.

Been wanting to get a handheld as a backup for the boat, but never did. Wanted to get one with chartplotting capabilities but never really liked the B&W ones too much, plus they were limited in memory and software capability.

Now that I sold my boat I finally bought one LOL :-P

However, since the Color Chartplotter Handhelds have come WAY down in price, I was able to score a great deal on this one! WITH the software, it ran me $421 shipped to my door (after a $100 rebate thru Garmin!!!)

That's a great deal!

I'll post up a review after I use it this Friday/Saturday in the Nyman's Tournament. 8)

Not only will this unit be a nice backup for my next boat, but it will be handy when "Boat Ho-ing" to have all my numbers with me, etc for whoever I go with. 8)

Here's a link to the Specs:

http://www.garmin.com/products/gpsmap76cx/

And a couple pics......

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    I use my Magellan Meridian Color, with MapSend BlueNav marine cartography software for my currently installed GPS/Plotter (yes, it actual works as a plotter too). It will become my backup, this weekend, when I install my new Garmin 182C.

Meridian Color (BlueNav not pictured):

Garmin 182C:
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    You'll like that 182C. I loved mine.

That's why I went with the 76Cx, same software, almost the same menu structure....easy to use out of the box....etc.

And it floats LOL.

I've lost many a phone overboard (& fillet knives LOL) and although I have gotten more careful, I like the float factor. Wasn't the selling point, but was ONE of the selling points between either the 60Cx or th 76Cx. 8)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    nice eric.......................shweeeeeeet

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTEKJim
    nice eric.......................shweeeeeeet
    THAT'S HOW WE DOOOOO ITTT! :lol:

I'll be programming #'s into it at 3AM Friday morning on our way out LOLOL..... 8)

I Rely Heavily On My 182c...ease Of Use, Ease Of Seeing It, Ease Of....ahhh You'll Love It

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Eric ,Its a good way to get numbers when fishing on anybodies boat, even if they dont want you to have numbers

I Have All The Software For The Garmin, I Can Email You Waypoints This Winter...and You Can Upload Them....not All Of Them....just Ones I "want" You To See