Thread: Branford was hot yesterday afternoon

Branford was hot yesterday afternoon

Last of the incoming was dead on the reefs, but as soon as the tide went slack things started to heat up. As the water started to move it was nonstop action with birds pointing the way to surface feeding bass with some big blues mixed in. Things were crazy for a few hours with two 20+ inch bas coming to the boat cleanly bitten in half. One was still alive and looking at me as if to say ?look what has become of me?? Most fish were in the 24-28in range with one 35in fish.. I was marking more fish than I have ever seen. Great day on the water?

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Wow....lot of action!

That bass getting bit in half by the blues is like the "inshore equivalent" of reeling in a tuna offshore and a shark taking its back half off LOLOL

that's wild......i knew i should have blew off the whole day..we struggled early during the ebb.....and into the turn...Nice to see there was "life"out there...i was getting really bummed with the lack of activity.

NBS Angling Addict Stress Reeliever's Avatar
    Home Port
    East Haven
    I hope it stay's like that after this storm. Gotta love it when the activity is like the huh?

One good thing about this storm, the temperatures are warmer then they have been.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Yup.. Looks like Tuesday will be a good day with the wind... Still lots of bait in the water... Hope they stay for while

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    S--T! I knew should have taken Fri off! LIS looked like hurricane condition today. But the wind will subside to WSW at only 30 tomorrow. Yikes! For sure I'm taking Tue or Wed off. The end is near!
    All fishermen lie, except you and me, and sometimes I'm not sure about you.

better take a "teachers workshop" day tuesday brooksie

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    The Superintendent did say we should strive for more "depth" in our presentations and to open new "lines" of inquiry in order to "hook" the kids.
    All fishermen lie, except you and me, and sometimes I'm not sure about you.