Thread: trick or treat toggin'

trick or treat toggin'

toggin' the fishers island waters seems slower than last season. special K was out early halloween with one guest onboard.
    morning seas were a little snotty with the SW winds still blowing, laying down around noon. set anchor about a hundred times before we found a bite around 1400 hrs.
    dunked crabs from north hill to the clumps to ellis reef to intrepid rock to horseshoe reef to seaflower reef & back to north hill.
    after we found the bite our CT limit was in the box in a couple hours. no monsters for halloween but a nice bag of fillets with fish to 6lbs. back at it saturday........cheers! cap'n mick

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    i hear ya mick.......more sporadic than last year......nice trip........jim

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    Glad you got your limit. Any ideas why things are slow in comparison to last season? Seems lots of looking this year to find em', at least for us.

no ideas as to the difference from last season. all the "usual" spots for me are producing nothing. lots of looking around & exploring. toggin' used to be my most economical fishing regarding fuel consumption.
    fish seem smaller too. oh well, adding new "spots" to the routine is not a bad thing.......mk
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Although I've been doing very well here in RI, I do notice the action is still slower than last year overall. And spotty. Anchored on a spot there a lot of guys doing nothing, with several doing well, and several doing hit/miss.

That's fishing......:cool:

Try again this weekend