Thread: Report form 11/4

Report form 11/4

Let's start with the obvious.....Boy was it cold this AM.

Hit the water at 4:30 in search of Bunker, got lucky in he dark and got 5 right away. After that zippo. Went to Pine Orchard where their has beena great stash for the last month, the dock manager told me they were there until the SE blow last weekend, and they have not been back. This is tough news.

The absence of both Bunker and Stripers is not a good situation for early Nov.

Anyway, headed out and got a 42" Striper on my first drift. I thought it was the change I have been waiting for....no such luck. After the sun was up it was 1 Chopper and that was it. Tried 4 or 5 spots...nothing.

The bluefish are definitley on the way out and have thinned, but where are the Bass?

Let's hope the high pressure and nice weather Monday get's things going.

I should be happy to have gotten one, but expectations are high this time of year.

To better fishing!!!!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by SEACAT View Post
    Let's start with the obvious.....Boy was it cold this AM.

Hit the water at 4:30 in search of Bunker, got lucky in he dark and got 5 right away. After that zippo. Went to Pine Orchard where their has beena great stash for the last month, the dock manager told me they were there until the SE blow last weekend, and they have not been back. This is tough news.

The absence of both Bunker and Stripers is not a good situation for early Nov.

Anyway, headed out and got a 42" Striper on my first drift. I thought it was the change I have been waiting for....no such luck. After the sun was up it was 1 Chopper and that was it. Tried 4 or 5 spots...nothing.

The bluefish are definitley on the way out and have thinned, but where are the Bass?

Let's hope the high pressure and nice weather Monday get's things going.

I should be happy to have gotten one, but expectations are high this time of year.

To better fishing!!!!
    you best be happy youpicked one up this morning, My report would be titled;
    "FROZE OFF ASS"
    no details of report neccesary.....i just froze.

Lucky AND fORTUANTE. bUT MY EXPECTATIONS ARE HIGH, AND THINGS ARE NOT WHERE THEY SHOULD BE.

CHUCK REMEMBER....THE "FULL MOON" IS TONIGHT. THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SHINE.

i'LL KEEP YOU UPDATED,
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    At least you got one. I agree since the storm, things have changed drastically for the worse. Hopefully not for the season.

NBS Angling Addict Stress Reeliever's Avatar
    Home Port
    East Haven
    Hey Seacat,

I thought that was you that zipped by. I was toggin the rockpile near the entrance to the Tilcon Dock (Green Can). I really get in close to shore down near the club. I figured you wee looking for bunker. I am done with Bass unless I hear some great reports. Gonna get out for togs a few more times and them pull the boat before the marina pulls it for me.

Matt ...I'll keep you updated. I guess some fish may have shown up today at SWR on eels.

If I hear more I'll let you know.

swr??clinton?

that's gas wasting desperation! LOL