Thread: Nov 5th Vineyard Sound

Nov 5th Vineyard Sound

Ran through my usual spots but most were full of Seals. I leave when I see them.

On Thursday last I had Stripers chasing my plugs and then it stopped rather abruptly. I looked over and saw 2 big seals. I swear they follow me.

With little fuel to spare, I decided to try Vineyard Sound. Quiet until just before the tide went slack. 14 lb Blue on light tackle. It ran my spool down to the electrical tape. Of course I was praying the whole time it was a Striper until I saw it. I knew from the head shakes but hey, it was worth a shot.

Minutes later a 12 lb Blue and then a 6 lb right afterwards.

Bellys were full of squid! I thought the squid were gone but obviously not. My deck was covered in ink and the dock shut off the water. I used sea water to clean.

It was fun.
    '73 222 Aquasport - gone

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    So......you don't like seals......???

LOLOL J/K

Sound slike a fun day anyway!

I hear they are good grilled........

My cousin went out last night. He never gets skunked. Until last night. Said the seals were "overwhelming".

At 0300 this morning I hooked into more Blues. No Stripers, just Blues. Came in around 0500. Gotta pay the bills.
    '73 222 Aquasport - gone

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    The seals have been in over here for over a month now.

Saw the first one in Wickford Harbor over a month ago, but there are large numbers now.

At least they don't hang around my tog spots

get a club for the seals....

i hate this time of year...no fresh dock water...makes me wish i lived in florida~!

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing View Post
    i hate this time of year...no fresh dock water...makes me wish i lived in florida~!
    LOL went down to my old man's boat yesterday morning and the friggin water was shut off. It was on the night before when we came in.....at least we were able to wash the boat down LOL. Musta shut it just before i got there.

I had to fillet the fish from the day before....had to use the raw water washdown to clean up, then used the freshwater washdown to just rinse the salt off.

Boat's getting hauled Saturday, planning on Toggin' Thursday......have to wash with salt again and then rinse with the other LOL......at least Saturday we can wash it at my house regardless.