Thread: Just thinking out loud...

Home Port
    CapeCod

Just thinking out loud...

not sure how much work it is etc, but i was thinking it could make sense to have a form to help file fishing reports. i think it would tend to make the reports more complete...there could be fields for all the stuff you'd expect to see like date, time, location (w/or w/out gps #'s), target species, bait/lures used, tide, water temp, etc, etc. stretch goal would be to make it searchable by field (!), alright that sounds a little complex, but as someone with virtually zero knowledge of such things, the form seems doable?

just a thought.

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    That is a concept I have thought about in the past. It is quite the coding effort, however, I am still in the process of determining feasability and alternative approaches. I truly like the idea for consistency purposes, as well as the fact it provides much of the data we are all really looking for. To me, location specifics aren't the critical bits, but the rest of it is.

Keep the ideas coming and watch for what is coming.

This may or may not come to pass as I figure the details out, but I have some ideas.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Allow me to chime in, Many reports are similar in content, and a form would be good. If you ever read my reports, they vary from very detailed to silly. I think each person reporting has thier own style and flavor. I would however follow a form, as long as there was a place in the form to tweak people!

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Agreed Chuck. Beyond any form based design, editorializing will always available. What fun would that be without it.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Wouldn't Be Any Fun If I Couldn't Tweak People!

Home Port
    Brooklyn NY

Look at this format

Fishing Reports - Saltwater, Freshwater, Inshore, & Offshore

They use drop downs for the info like area and water temp and then the box for the editorializing some fields are manditory while others are optional . Makes it fast easy and useable .
    Take a kid fishing, they are the future of our sport and our world

V.P New Angler Training , Chief Cook and Bottle Washer No BS Pikers