Thread: Toggin 11/7 in Mystic

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

Toggin 11/7 in Mystic

Jim ,Manuel and myself fished from www.shaffersmystic.com Marina in Mystic .The sky was overcast ,wind was calm,Incoming tide water temp was 54 degrees air temp mid to upper 40's early then into 50's mid afternoon.It was Manuel's first time Toggin .He landed the first fish of the day weighing in around 6 lbs,Jim had to show him a few times what he needed to do with the rod and reel ,He caught on Quick when that fish was pounding away .Fishin was steady with alot of shorts.The tide was moving really fast early we had to use 10-12 oz. of lead to hold bottom Jim had best fish of the day weighing 8 + lbs.He also had the smallest cunner about 3 inches .I had my fair share of keepers around 4- 5 lbs All in all it was a great day we boated almost a 100 fish which only 10 were keepers all others released for another day .We fished seaflower reef in 25 - 30 feet of water .

That's wild...over a hundred...wow

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    The Pix...from our new gallery no less (http://nbsgallery.burrowdweller.com):

Crap...ChuckA beat me to it in the initial post...oh well. Looks like the traditional upload is working again too. I fixed it....yeah!!
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    ll in all it was a great day we boated almost a 100 fish
    I'll say!!! WTG!!!

Home Port
    CT
    Images
    that's a lot of fish. Busy days are usally lots a fun!!
    pete
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

good job on the tuggers! special K will be at it tomorrow. due to a dislocated shoulder i had to recruit an anchor wench for the trip. plan to head in that general direction from the mystic, i may even start closer to the thames & work my way back.
    fwiw.....ever try bleeding your tautog? no bloody fillets & no dark veins in the meat. must cut gills both sides. cut one gill & the other side remains bloody. i like mine lily white....my fish that is............mk
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Kool...u guys kept busy, even with all the shorts...better than having to deal with the little bait stealers all day! 10 keepers is a good amount of fillets!

I'm heading out tomorrow or Friday......