Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toggin' RI Friday

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

Cool Toggin' RI Friday

Well.....

Last trip of the year on Inheritance. She gets pulled Saturday afternoon, so we're gonna give it one more shot.

We were all set to go today, got 3 Gallons of crabs yesterday afternoon.....then last night NOAA changed the forecast for the worse....up to 8'ers at the Bay entrance.....bastard. Crabs went in the fridge LOL.

So we postponed it till tomorrow (4'-7', subsiding to 3'-5' in the afternoon). Much more doable, plus gives me a straight 4 day weekend

We'll see what we can do. Hopefully my deep spot will be doable with the seas......if they're just rollers, it'll be fine. If not, I've got a couple spots to try further in

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nobody else can play tomorrow so it's just me and my father......

Gonna see if we can run the Port tank dry this time LOLOLOL

Ah, we got ~25 Gallons left in there, should be more than enough until we get back in and top her off for the winter.......

If not....there's always BoatUS/SafeSea

it aint over baby

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    I just off loaded all the x-tra stuff that piled up tackle boxes life jackets throw net x-tra rods Put 10 gals of gas in and were off in the morning I have the bare minimum on board to be legal and to fish for whatever.Half a bucket of crabs some frozen bunker and eels .It'll be a solo trip tommorow then thats it.I have some work to do next week the I'm callin Bill to do his thing with winterize and wrap.Its undecided right now but the old tub may be living in Mystic next year.I hope I have a report tommorow to end the season

Well Maybe It's Over.....

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    We got blanked on Friday!

First time in my entire life I have ever been skunked on Togs! AND......didn't even catch a shit-fish!!!! Had a couple shit-fish nibbles that was it.

We moved all over the place, and not one spot would produce a solitary fish.

Everyone on the radio was finding the exact same results, not even a choggie.

Reason?

I think it was the water. The water was churned up like oatmeal, even out in the open water outside the bay. Inside the bay, it was brown from all the rainwater earlier in the week.

There were still swells out there that swallowed us up so deep we lost sight of land, even lost sight of the huge tanker waiting to go up the east passage!

When we got to the fuel dock, one of the guys we saw out there asked us how we did and when we told him, he said he, too, got skunked the first time in his life LOL.

Bizarre.

My brother went Saturday and found the same thing. He did manage 3 keepers at a spot up inside the bay at the end of the day. He was hoping the water would clean up a little, but it was only a day later.

Otherwise, the day out there was nice.

Silver lining to the whole day? No fish to clean at the end of the day! Washed the boat at the fuel dock, and tied her up at the slip.

water is pretty dirty/cloudy...it'll settle down for the last little run, although that pouring rain yesterday eve didnt help the cause.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Friday was funny......you'd see little fleets of boats on spots....2 seconds later, they'd all be scattering.....people were looking around liek crazy all day to no avail. Weird thing to see LOL.

Kept running into some of the same boats in completely different areas throughout the day, that's how bad it was LOL.

AND ALL THOSE SPOTS ARE "SECRET" SPOTS! lol

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing View Post
    AND ALL THOSE SPOTS ARE "SECRET" SPOTS! lol
    Yeh "Secret" lol.....

We've got a couple local charters that get pissed when they come out and find you anchored on "their" spot or get pissed when you anchor near them if they are already there.

I know a couple personally.....others I don't....

Feel like telling them:

"Don't flatter yourself.....I knew about these spots at least as long as you've BEEN chartering"! :confused1:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast