Home Port
    Home

White Sharks in New England Waters

http://www.newenglandsharks.com/N.ENG.%20whites.htm

Watch out for the ones.

Gonna Need A Bigger Boat.

Home Port
    Clinton
    NIce site. I was in Chatham this summer a week after the sighting on the 15th. It certainly seems logical that with all those seals around there would be some toothy critters around.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    riverside

whites

there were also a few spotted off of block island this summer..... it has to do with all the seals now off of the cape.......
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    And the seals in Narragansett Bay

Another GW taken off Chatham

A 7ft 300lb GW shark was taken by a bass fisherman on a jig off Bearses Shoal in late October. The guy brought it to market thinking it was a mako. I would love to see more of them to move the seals along.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TODDMANCHU View Post
    A 7ft 300lb GW shark was taken by a bass fisherman on a jig off Bearses Shoal in late October. The guy brought it to market thinking it was a mako. I would love to see more of them to move the seals along.
    I think the seals are part of this puzzle, no doubt. The more of them there are, the more large white bellied toothy critters come a callin'

Not too good though for that fisherman, negligence does not excuse the law. Did he get charged for possession of a protected species?

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum View Post
    I think the seals are part of this puzzle, no doubt. The more of them there are, the more large white bellied toothy critters come a callin'

Not too good though for that fisherman, negligence does not excuse the law. Did he get charged for possession of a protected species?
    I was wondering the same thing.......honest mistake I'm sure but wondering what they did with it LOL.