Thread: Blackfishing in the Rain

Blackfishing in the Rain

Since my boat is out of the water I took a ride out with my friend Captain Mike for some Blacks. The conditions were great except for the rain. It took us a few tries at anchoring before we got over the wreck but once we did it was HOT!!! We limited out within a couple of hours with Blacks between 3-8 lbs. All caught on green crabs and 1/0 circle hooks.

oh? where? full moon is still in...at least for another week....still time to get together.

Home Port
    Branford, CT
    Why such tiny hooks? I use 4/0 and 5/0 and catch plenty of togs. 1/0 are trout/sunnny hooks.
    All fishermen lie, except you and me, and sometimes I'm not sure about you.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Good catch there, but like Plugmeister says...how the hell do you get a crab on a 1/0?
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

When a friend had me try 1/0 cricles I said the same things but I have to say they work very well. I even do well dead sticking with them.

Chuck I got them at the wreck again. Its had been out producing the walls

NBS Angling Addict Stress Reeliever's Avatar
    Home Port
    East Haven
    Nice catch Pat. I am gonna try to hitch a ride on other boats for thenxt few weeks myself. My boat came out yesterday
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice catch!

I don't and won't use circles for Togs, but I do use 2/0 Gamakatsu Octopus.

Small mouths, small hooks

1/0 in my fat fingers, tho, I'd be coming in at the end of the day with 80 hooks hanging out of my fingers LOL. 2/0's are bad enough to handle LOL.

i gotta get to the wrecks...I keep saying it...but i'm still in, and i really want to get there or the other one.