Thread: Toggin Saturday 11/11 afternoon Late Report

Home Port
    Cromwell, CT

Toggin Saturday 11/11 afternoon Late Report

Saturday morning I began the day by cleaning gutters and leaf blowing the lawn. After getting everything looking good, the south wind kicked in and starting dropping all the oak and beech tree leaves from the patch of woods that borders my lot. It loaded the lawn and a slew of them landed on the roof to probably drop into the gutters again. Talk about getting discouraged.

I went into the house grumbling and the phone rang. It was my son calling saying "Hey Dad want to go Toggin?" My response was instant.. ABSOLUTELY

I had about a 45 minute drive down to the slip in New London and jumped on the boat. We headed off to a nice rockpile west of the mouth of the Thames and anchored up. The first spot wasn't very productive but we made a little jog and then started catching. I caught a nice one about 8 or 9 pounds. We also caught a number of shorts. Unfortunately we got a late start didn't leave the slip till 2:30 and anchored up in slack tide. Still a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.. Especially with my son. Sorry no pics but in my haste I only grabbed my tackle box and rod.

Dave

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

nice nice

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images
    Anytime you can spend on the water with a son or daughter is quality time ,Sometimes you get lucky and catch something ,The leaves can wait ,I think I've done the lawn 4 or 5 times already and you'd never know it .

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    I went into the house grumbling and the phone rang. It was my son calling saying "Hey Dad want to go Toggin?" My response was instant.. ABSOLUTELY
    Tell your son to start calling earlier in the day ;)

Sounds you had a great time and an 8 or 9 lber to boot!

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Not a bad way to end the day!

Saturday was the last shot at good weather anyway until tomorrow LOL.

I Think Tomorrow Will Be Do-able

Home Port
    Cromwell, CT
    Unfortunately work is going to get in the way.

That might have been the last fishing trip of the season for me. But there is duck hunting and second season opens on Friday. I plan on doing a sea duck hunt on Saturday.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.