Thread: USS Forrestal

USS Forrestal

Was driving over the Newport bridge this morning and saw the big old Gal at sea once again. She was not as pretty as she was in her prime, her mast was down, and she certainty needed some sprucing up, but there she was right in the middle of the bay. I was told she was being towed to Philadelphia where she will be prepared to eventually become a fishing reef somewhere.

USS Forrestal (CV-59) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Home Port
    Marshfield Ma.
    Images

Thanks

always enjoy your posts.

My friends uncle was on that during the fire.We got a newspaper tour of what happened to him. Pretty interesting.

Thanks
    Curt

Capt.Curt Maxon
    www.relentlesscharters.com
    "we are a full service charter boat"

Unfortunately, some of our greatest warships of the past will bring back horrible memories
    to some as well as pleasant ones for others. I know of this first hand as the remains of my wife's father still reside with USS INDIANAPOLIS, which was lost just a few days before the end of World War Two. My family looks upon these famous ships as symbols of the strength and will we Americans have to be free. Freedom always comes with a price!
    "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice aerial shot I took a couple years ago....just ran across it by chance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BID124.jpg 
Views:	2674 
Size:	470.8 KB 
ID:	12246  

Home Port
    Brighams Cove Maine
    Images

Thumbs up

USS TARAWA CVS 40 !!! I was in the Navy when she was still NEW.

Long you live and high you'll fly, and smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry, and all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be