Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OUT for '06

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

Lobstah OUT for '06

That's it....got hauled Saturday. Held out as long as we could for this year. Lot of learning this year, so we need the extra time. We are doing everything ourselves on this rig.

It's not difficult work, but it's time consuming the first time, learning all the plumbing, thru-hulls, systems, engine, transmission, etc etc......the boat has every option Fortier offers, plus more, so a lot to figure out this year.

Most of our time so far has been figuring out all the above and reading all the manuals, so when we winterize/do maintenance, it's done right. But we actually enjoy doing our own work. I don't know why some people are "scared" of diesels.....they're pretty simple, actually, except if you get into electronic or fuel injection system issues....but that's no different than any motor.......everything else is very "workable".

Next year it'll be much easier LOL.

Anyway, Bay View hauled us out and I can't say enough praise for Frank.....he is VERY good, been at it 18 years, and very personable.

I put a post up plugging him:

http://www.nbssportfishing.com/vBfor...newpost&t=1418

Here's some pics.......

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    A few more pics........

That Sux

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing View Post
    That Sux
    The sight of a boat on stands vs. being in the water? Yeh....it did suck driving her into the trailer.......

the only thing is..boats always look bigger out of the water

Home Port
    Branford Ct.
    Nice looking rig.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

gotta love fortiers!! a year round boat!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Thanks guys! I'll pass the compliments along to the old man!

Definitely a year-round boat.......problem is finding a year-round slip with freshwater up here LOLOLOL.

Yeh, one thing I gotta say....these being custom built boats only (they only build as people order, and there's a long waiting list), and not production.....it never ceases to amaze me the quality of the build and the degree of fore-thought used by the company. The more we "get into" the boat mechanically etc, the more we learn.

This winter I want to go to the plant (in Mass) and get a tour. Would be interesting .

plant tour

Let me know if you are still interested in a tour at Fortier......my boat is berthed right up the river....I would also be inetrested!
    Bob
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!

Fortier's are nice boats. I had a 26' footer a few years back. Mine was the 9th hull they built. What year is is yours?
    Capt Dave Pelletier
    North Shore Charters
    Blue Seas Fisheries Inc
    www.northshorecharters.info

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast