Thread: Great rods designed and built by Captneilf!

Senior NBS Member Capt Neil Faulkner's Avatar
    Home Port
    Sayville, NY 11782

Great rods designed and built by Captneilf!

Hi,

Besides designing/crafting custom rods per order I have a line of rods called The Long Islander Series. They can be purchased off the rack at any time. Many folks told me that they would like a rod built by me but the customs did not fit their wallet. I thoroughly understand. So I have been and will continue to come up with new models.

I recently received the new prices for blanks and components from the supplier. The purpose of the post is to say that all the rods that are already built will stay at the old price, $125. No increase. As I build new ones they will be at the new price.

The blanks and components are Rainshadows and Forecast. All guides and tiptops are braid friendly. They work!

The black rods are underwrapped in a metallic thread, gold, red, green electric blue or royal blue. The guide wraps are always black nylon.

The 7' Medium also comes in a white blank thereby allowing me to use nylon thread and more color choices for the underwraps.

The grips are black and synthetic material, EVA. The white blank can be ordered using colored EVA grips.

I start with 7' blanks and trim for 6' or 6 1/2' as desired.

Custom decals can be ordered. Name or boat name etc. $7 charge.

Here are the models.

PB Special- solid fiberglas, 6', 8 guides and 10-20# test line.

Inshore Medium, E glass, 7', 6 1/2' or 6', 8 guides, 12-25# test line, 1/2 to 2 oz lures, can bounce 10 oz silver bullets, works 8 oz sinker well. Also comes in white blank. This model has taken double digit tog, striper to 30#+ and 30-35# fish in Florida.

Inshore Medium Heavy, E glass, 7', 6 1/2' or 6', 8 guides, 15-30# test line, 3/4 to 3 oz lures, works 10 or 12 oz sinkers well. A work horse.

Twitchin' Stick, a graphite standard modulus blank, conventional reel model, trigger reel seat, 7', 6 1/2' or 6', 9 guides, 10-17# test line, 1/4 to 3/4 oz lures for bouncing Spros etc for fluke. The spin version of this rod presently has 6 Fuji guides installed.

These rods can be shipped. For more info call 631-567-8049.

Capt Neil Faulkner
    Custom Fishing Rods by Capt Neil
    Home of The Long Islander Series of rods
    Sayville, Long Island, New York

(631) 567-8049

www.sunbumcharters.com

Home Port
    Norwich, CT
    Images

Pink Rod

Looking for a pink rod for the wife. I do not want to buy a Barbie pole. Looking for 6 1/2" spinning rod, Med/heavy action. Can you make one or are they next to impossible to make? There aren't many available so it has to be something difficult about them.
    568# Thresher
    Feed'em Steel!
    26' Striper Alaskan
    Cheri Lynn Charters
    860-625-1398

I have seen pink blanks online with one particular rod builders supply. They were E-glass and as best I can recall they weren't all that pricey....If you'r wife wants a spinning rod it would be pretty easy to build.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Westbrook CT
    Images
    Stole this pic from 360tuna.com

2003 Parker 2530 "El Mar"
    1973 Seacraft 20SF

Home Port
    Norwich, CT
    Images
    I have found pink Ugly Sticks (on the internet) but they are from Australia. Anyone hear of anything closer?
    568# Thresher
    Feed'em Steel!
    26' Striper Alaskan
    Cheri Lynn Charters
    860-625-1398

yup... check muddhole. I just ordered two of the pink ones. another option would be to buy somthing like a gator glass blank and pait it prior to your build. I am personally not a fan of painting blanks....but so far as i know most are painted at the factory.....pink rods are cool
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

pink

here is one that adlfo from chaos gave to me at the norwalk boat show. gave it to my wife. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1236.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	5320

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1237.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	5321