Headed out with my buddy Lew on Saturday. We decided to head south a little, but soon learned that it was a mistake. We headed back up north where we caught fish the last few weeks. We noticed some boats just off-shore of out spot and figured that maybe the Fluke were a little deeper. Started to drift in 62 feet (very slowly mind you) and started to pick away at nice keepers. We had several fish in the 4 - 6 1/2 pound range and ended the day with 8 real nice fluke.

On Sunday we headed out of the Shark River Inlet about an hour late due to some non-regulars that showed up late and caused us to miss the 7:00 AM bridge opening. We went straight out to where we caught the nice fluke the day before and were not disappointed. We had more of the same nice fish with one fish topping the scale at 7 LBS and several other fish 4 - 5 1/2 lbs. We also dropped about 8 fish that were definitely very nice fish!! They do not get big by accident. We ended up with about 13 keepers for the day, with plenty of fillets to go around for everyone.

We were all using 4 oz Spro jigs off of a dropper from a 3 way swivel with a 24 inch leader and hook off of the other part of the 3 way. Since I have started fishing this way for fluke several years ago, I have definetely been catching a lot more fish and bigger fish. If you have not tried it, I highly recommend doing so. The only downside is that you have to be ready to set the hook right away when they pick up the jig. You sometimes get the traditional "hanging" bite, but sometimes you just get blasted. So it is kind of like fishing 2 different ways at once. You may miss a few fish, but you greatly increase your odds.