Thread: Maine Blue Fin Tuna ??

Maine Blue Fin Tuna ??

Can anyone tell me if the BFT are out and running in Maine waters yet this year? I got all my paperwork in order but to be honest I don't have the money to waste driving all the way down to the coast to put the boat in the water unless there is some vague remote chance of hooking up. I been told that in the last couple of days the mackerel just started running to catch enough for bait & chumming. So could some fellow fisherman give a guy some info PLEASE.
    Thanks

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Montauk, N.Y.
    Was out on the fingers Friday cod fishing, had a hook up with a cod jig, didn't last past the first run. We were marking them here and there. Stick boats are doing well.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Hey thanks for the tip, it is appreciated knowing that there are some who'll share a little info. You ever go specifically for tuna?