Thread: Captain Jason's Panko-Parm Flounder!

Captain Jason's Panko-Parm Flounder!

Real easy!
    In a mixing bowl combine 1/2 cup panko with 1/2 cup parmagian cheese, add 4 oz of melted butter or 4 oz olive oil (for the healthier variety) and mix well. Spread mixture over the top of your flounder fillets that are already spread on a baking dish and your oven is already preheated to 400 degrees F. Depending on how thick your fillets are, put them in for 5-6 minutes, not more!
    You will be calling me Daddy!

Captain Jason Colby
    Little Sister Charters
    fishinglsister@aol.com
    617-755-3740
    www.littlesister1.com

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Does not sound easy to me! Gathering one of the ingredients is very difficult in my neck of the woods: the winter flounder. You forget, Captain, that where you charter out of looks like heaven to us down here in the CT/RI border area. You have to be drawing flounder lovers from neighboring states to your charters just so they can come home with fresh fillets. It is really kind of hard to mess up winter flounder as it is truly one of the greatest tasting fish we have, or did have in quantity.
    "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Quincy Flounder!

Quote Originally Posted by Scup View Post
    Does not sound easy to me! Gathering one of the ingredients is very difficult in my neck of the woods: the winter flounder. You forget, Captain, that where you charter out of looks like heaven to us down here in the CT/RI border area. You have to be drawing flounder lovers from neighboring states to your charters just so they can come home with fresh fillets. It is really kind of hard to mess up winter flounder as it is truly one of the greatest tasting fish we have, or did have in quantity.
    Scup,
    It is loaded with flounder here!
    Trailer your boat up for a day, there is a free launch ramp right were I go from. I'll even tell you where to drop your anchor so you can't miss!

Captain Jason Colby
    Little Sister Charters
    fishinglsister@aol.com
    617-755-3740
    www.littlesister1.com

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jason Colby View Post
    Scup,
    It is loaded with flounder here!
    Trailer your boat up for a day, there is a free launch ramp right were I go from. I'll even tell you where to drop your anchor so you can't miss!

Captain Jason Colby
    Little Sister Charters
    fishinglsister@aol.com
    617-755-3740
    www.littlesister1.com

I know Captain, I have been reading your posts. Down here, if someone finds an area holding fish they are on it. Very few do well. I will see some flounders that the draggers bring in, but most commercial pin hookers will not bother to target them even considering they are a money fish. JackC promised to find out from his research associates what the real problem/s are for their demise down here and post it. I hope whatever went sour here does not happened where you are. A lot of my pin hooker friends, unlike me (CT only license), carry CT, RI, NY, & MA. plates and trailer where they think they can do some good. When you are pushing out the better part of three grand for licenses and the price of fuel being out of sight, I can see it in their eyes they are in big time trouble. The only thing saving them from total destruction is the summer flounder. Fluke are good, but I will always be a Winter Flounder guy even if I cannot get them anymore.
    "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Home Port
    Pt. Judith/Green Harbor/W.Mass
    Images
    Have done this with Fluke fillets and it is outstanding!!

The strange thing with the flounder in RI is why don't they come inside anymore??? We caught a few of these at Coxes while cod fishing last august.....but had to return them to the drink
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20110715-00004.jpg 
Views:	739 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	16858  

"You can trust the government, just ask the Indians"

I would expect good results with Panko and fluke, just did not think of it. I did not think of using panko in stuffed clams either, but was pleasantly surprised when a NBS form member suggested it. Panko is a bread crumb substitute/additive that I did not know about until just a few years ago. I wonder how many other good things that are out there that I do not know about?

Nothing beats a great flounder recipe.