Thread: North of the tails 8/5

Home Port
    Mystic,CT

North of the tails 8/5

Ok so I couldnt take it no more. I have been waiting a month for the guy who is buying my boat to come and get it. I got to the marina and checked the weather and it looks perfect. I talk to a guy at the dock and he says monster bite north of the tails. So I call a few buddys and fill the tank with the guys deposit he gave me for the boat. Off we go. dropped lines at the 40 fathom area as we saw alittle life. Trolled for 2 hours with 2 little knocks. At this point it was time to get the skunk off. Hit the flyers. They were all loaded with 10-20lb mahi. Grabbed one on a crippled hearing. Ok skunk off. Troll 3 more hours. Nada. dont thimk anyone in the area got much. Trolled from butter to the little tails and east. Water was the same temp from 10 miles off block all the way out. 78-79. From what i understand i was 15 miles north of the action. with the water so warm everywhere its gotta spead them out. Who knows I am a rookie.

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Saw you guys heading out, as we were going past Nyman's.

What a nice morning, and a better day! Must have had flat seas for the ride 8)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Mystic,CT
    so so on the way out . made 30k. on the way back much nicer and was able to run 45-50k.