Thread: NBS to stay open and be rebranded in the near future

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

No BS NBS to stay open and be rebranded in the near future

Well, after a few days of mulling it all over, I decided I am not ready to throw in the forum towel on this place.

NBS is back open and will stay this way until the next steps for this forum.

I am going to rebrand the site (new URL and name) and replatform to new software along with changing the color scheme and more.

All content & pictures will be retained. There may be some bumps along the way and it will take me a month or more to get it all done as my free time is limited in recent, but I will get it done.

In the meantime, NBS is going nowhere and we will keep moving forward. It's been nearly 11 years, so forward we shall go, full steam ahead.

It will never be what it was back in the earlier days, but too much time has elapsed to just let this all go down the drain.

More to come!
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

FIXED

I am having some troubles at the moment with the main forum view and am working on it actively.
    Last edited by Brad; 02-24-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: FIXED
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Connecticut
    Images

Thank you

Appreciate you putting the site back up. I have pictures on here that I haven't saved anywhere else. Ive been thru a few computers since I began my time here. Also will try to contribute more often. Is there anyway to link this to a facebook page that worked in conjunction. That might keep volume of new threads on the rise. These days lot of people are on cell phones, and facebook being on most peoples phones as an icon is commonly visited. Just an idea. Trying to be constructive. Really happy with your decision. Met a lot of good people on this site. I was like, shit, I never got to fish with Scup!!!!

Bootsie
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Quaker Hill, CT
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterBoots View Post
    Appreciate you putting the site back up. I have pictures on here that I haven't saved anywhere else. Ive been thru a few computers since I began my time here. Also will try to contribute more often. Is there anyway to link this to a facebook page that worked in conjunction. That might keep volume of new threads on the rise. These days lot of people are on cell phones, and facebook being on most peoples phones as an icon is commonly visited. Just an idea. Trying to be constructive. Really happy with your decision. Met a lot of good people on this site. I was like, shit, I never got to fish with Scup!!!!

Bootsie
    Haha, damn. I said the same thing. Shoulda took him up on his offer to go clamming with him!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Better hurry up and go clamming with scup, at 78, all he hopes for is to get another season in. Fortunately, everything looks good so far for 2017.
    "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Home Port
    Narragansett,RI
    Glad to see this forum staying online. While I didn't get offshore much last year I will report when I do and look forward to reading success stories. I think that this is a great spot for conversation and information sharing. Thanks again for keeping it going!!!

Home Port
    Mystic
    Images

glad to hear nbs is staying

The people here have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years as my family and I have gotten back into boating and fishing. The resources here have come in handy time and time again. I also find myself going back in the history whenever I want to try a new spot i have not fished before to get some tips. Great group of guys that in my experience have all been very friendly and always willing to lend a hand.

NBS Extreme Angler fishcounterbob's Avatar
    Home Port
    all
    Since the GOM will remain closed for cod indefinately I will remain in PT Judith to fish as only I could. No specie will be spared and expect to harvest all available seafood in a sustainable and thoughtful way. And local aquaculture is certainly a commercial option.
    Hope to catch some cod next weekend. Been providing shell bait for the fleet this winter just for fun. And getting my fleet ready.
    Available to fish every day.