Thread: everol

Home Port
    taunton mass.

everol

I have a everol reel that is red, there is no size designation on the reel only two other words other then everol, one is Italia the other is Modena . It seems the drag is shot do any of you fellows know where I can have this reel serviced, is it worth the trouble? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jeff
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

I never owned one, but sold them decades ago. Some say they rival Penn, and while Penn outsold them, they had their following.

Not exactly sure what you have but these are high end Italian made reels and because of that, yours could have been customized to the previous owner's desires. The ones I sold were typically golden in color.

If it only needs a drag refurbishment, and does not have other issues, do it! Try going the following website for parts and diagrams:

http://everolreels.com/everol-service/
    "Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Home Port
    taunton mass.

everol

Quote Originally Posted by Scup View Post
    I never owned one, but sold them decades ago. Some say they rival Penn, and while Penn outsold them, they had their following.

Not exactly sure what you have but these are high end Italian made reels and because of that, yours could have been customized to the previous owner's desires. The ones I sold were typically golden in color.

If it only needs a drag refurbishment, and does not have other issues, do it! Try going the following website for parts and diagrams:

http://everolreels.com/everol-service/
    Thanks for the reply, I spoke to a fellow at everol usa ,described the reel and he tells me it is one of 50 prototypes that everol made arbu in the 60's. If you go to the everol web site under one of the headings, history maybe, there is an picture of the reel I have. The fellow at everol said he wouldn't use it as it is quite rare, after seeing the picture and speaking to him, I concur. I'll keep it as collectable. Thanks again Jeff. I tried to add pictures but failed.

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Good grief, I almost sent you in the wrong direction. Still curious though, isn't a collectible worth more if it is working order? I agree, shelf the reel as a

collectible, but clean it up, and repair its drag. It could not be much in cost for parts or an effort to bring it up to snuff. Somewhat surprised you were not

given any help toward this end.

It must be a peach of a reel, just keep fooling around with this site as I initially had problems in figuring out how to post a picture. Everything does work,

although you may have to read
    up on it:

Go to“FAQ”near the top of the home page, then hit“reading and posting messages” and finally “attachments and Images”.

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go" by William Feather

Home Port
    taunton mass.

everol

Thanks for your reply ,I intend to just display the reel as it is a beauty even with a drag that only exerts @ 8 lbs. of drag. Sorry this reply is so late I haven't had much time to cruse this site lately. Jeff

I suspect what happened as to why the maximum drag is 8 lbs, is somewhere in the reel's past history, someone put the reel in storage (for a long time) with the drag set tight. Not sure what the reel has for drag washers but what you observed is typical of what could happen. Another possibility is the drag washers needed replacement and instead of going with the original replacement set, perhaps the previous owner substituted say inappropriate Teflon drag washers or just reassembled it wrong, left out a ring, or never even tried to replace them.

Replacement drag washers have come a long way since your reel was made and most fishermen currently think of their replacement as more of a maintenance item rather than a repair.

It is sort of like having a valuable antique car, and then shelving it because it needed new brake linings. You do not have to take it out to show it off, but you could if you wanted to.
    Last edited by Scup; 04-10-2017 at 02:26 AM.