Thread: Galveston Bay Fishing Report 3-16-17

Galveston Bay Fishing Report 3-16-17

Hi Everyone, I hope all of you are doing well. It's been awhile since I posted a Galveston fishing report on here, but hopefully I can start posting some on a regular basis. As for fishing it has been from one extreme to the other. Last week we were catching 30-50 speckled trout a day, with 60-70% of those being keepers. We were also catching some nice keeper red fish and a few flounder. This week is our spring break here in the Galveston/Houston area and mother nature decide to give us some cold weather along with some high winds. That has really made the fishing suffer. Now the good news is this weekend looks great and from here on out Fishing in Galveston should only get better. We have been fishing up near Trinity Bay around Tabbs Bay for our best results. We are using live shrimp under a cork fishing about 4 feet deep to catch most of our fish. Keying on bait and moving current has been the key to catching more trout. As the weather gets a bit warmer, my brother and I will be headed for East Bay. We will continue to use live shrimp until the water hits about 75-78 degrees, then we will switch to live croaker. I will keep you informed. Until next time, I will see you on the water.

Capt.Alan
    Galveston Fishing Guides
    Galveston Bay Fishing Guides
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBP60.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	466.4 KB 
ID:	20082   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1122.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	389.2 KB 
ID:	20083   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBP24.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	391.1 KB 
ID:	20081  
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.