Thread: 26' Fortier Downeast w/PICS!!!

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

26' Fortier Downeast w/PICS!!!

What do you guys think?

Looking at several currently for my father. Looked at one in Martha's Vineyard yesterday.

I've been on these before and love them personally. Not fast, but sweet!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Never mind, he just signed papers on a better one than we were looking at....much better 8)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Here's some pictures and specs:

Builder: Fortier

LOA: 26'-9"
    Beam: 10'0"
    Displacement: 6500
    Draft: 2'6"

Engine(s): Volvo Engine(s)
    HP: 230
    Engine Model: TAMD42
    Hours: 660
    Cruising Speed: 20
    Max Speed: 27

Fuel: 100
    Water: 20
    Holding: 15

Classic bass boat with small cabin, Vee berth for two. 12v/110v refrigerator, S.S. sink with cold pressure water. Four opening ports with screens, overhead hatch. Large cockpit with helm and companion seats, cushions on engine box, rear box seat at transom. A fiberglass skin hard top with full drop curtains. 12 volt system with selector switch.

Electronics: Northstar 6000i, New ?05; Simrad AP16 autopilot; Raytheon VHF radio; Raytheon speed/temp/depth; ACR spotlight.

Electrical: group 27 batteries; 110v shore power; Circuit breakers; 12 v. outlet; Auto-Electric bilge pump.

Deck: Airex foam cored hull & deck; Fortier fiberglass hard top; Anchor pulpit w/S.S. bow rail; Bare Teak exterior trim; Teak swim platform w. swim ladder; Fiberglass stern seat/box.

Mechanical: Volvo TAMD 42 Fresh Water Cooled, turbo charged Diesel; Racor Filters; Four blade bronze prop LH 17x17; Large sea strainer; Sound insulation; Cockpit controls w/stern tiller.

WHAT A RIG.....SIGN THEM PAPERS!!!

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Nice rig, with a real nice cabin/berth and console.

Has Ron called you yet? :lol:
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Papers are signed.......went today with the old man to Chatham to see for myself and we got a sea trial. What a sweet friggin ride, the pics don't do it justice.....this thing has every option and add-on under the sun. It'll probably even wipe your a$$ somehow LOL. Moves along nicely too! Quiet and clean-running, and fast!

We should be taking her back this way one day next week.....and I'll have all my fishing gear on her to stop by Monomoy, etc on our way by!

I have some more pics I will put up once I can resize them

Looks like it will even catch fish and reel em up...then fillet them too.

nice good luck

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Fishing
    Looks like it will even catch fish and reel em up...then fillet them too.

nice good luck
    Thanks! We're heading to Chatham tomorrow AM with my loaded Suburban, and Myself, my brother, and my Dad will be taking her back this way (AFTER I load my gear on board just in case we get the chance to fish LOL). Looks like we'll have a little weather to test her out in :lol:

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Well, she's at home, on the mooring........

Great trip home, tested her out in some pretty sloppy water Monday! It was blowing a good 15-20kts most of the afternoon until we turned up Narragansett Bay in the early evening.

Solid 16-17kt cruise, great ride! Runs clean too!

I thought she had 660 hours on her....we were wrong.

She had only 262 when we picked her up!! LOL.

Anyway, yeasterday afternoon we took her to Wickford to fuel her up. Assuming she was topped off in Chatham all the way......

.......we used a WHOPPING 26.7 Gallons taking her home the 75+ NM (88+ Statute Miles)! Add in the short ride to Wickford yesterday before fueling up, and you get ~ 3 NMPG @ cruise. 8) SWEET! (~ 5 GPH @ cruise).