Currently fishing is starting to pick up in the deep water (280' - 350') east of Stellwagen Bank. We are seeing a tremendous amount of sand eels on the bank and also to the east. Fishing with jigs has been producing the larger cod and haddock have been hitting fresh or salted sea clams on high low rigs. An added bonus has been a mix bag of pollock, hake, redfish and wolf fish providing decent fillet weight by the end of a trip.

We have been banging decent striped bass fishing wire line with jigs or 9'R rigs at Peaked Hill Bar and Race Point providing excellent action. This presents an opportunity for anglers to experience a combination trip hitting the cod and haddock in the AM and the bass and blues on the return trip.

The water was warming up and this rain is not helping much but we should soon see good school bluefin tuna on Stellwagen Bank, Cape Cod Bay and the inshore grounds. These fish often are in the 80- 120 LB class and a ball on stand up tackle. I expect with all of the sand eels around they will be here for quite a while. Curently there are reports of large tuna off of Chatham moving north.

I expect by the middle of July we will see our first blue sharks of the year and fishing east of Stellwagen for sharks provides the angler the opportunity to land blues, threasher, porbeagle or even that mad mako.

If you are interested in getting out, visit our website of send me an e-mail at captdave@relentlesscharters.com

Respectfully.