Thread: Dogfish coxes

Home Port
    Mystic,CT

Dogfish coxes

Thinking about heading over to coxes or the gully this weekend for some sharking. Anyone been to coxes ? Dont want to make the trip to get overrun buy dogs.

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    was going to try cod at coxes...been good last couple of yrs in august.......jim

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    I am going to try swimming to Coxes, from Mystic. Since my boat won't bring me now.....
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Woodstock CT
    Images

Why swim; Water ski

I'm heading out that way but to the west. I could drop you at the point on my way by... Might save you a few strokes.....

I never know what to do when I get out there... I haven't heard any reports on Sharking don't know if the blue dogs are back in any #'s
    They are always good for fun.

I was thinking I might try for Tarpon.... That's right I said Tarpon.

It seems that with the influx of warm water there have been a few fish picked up in gill nets... none have been caught on rod and reel yet.

One way or the other the gully is the place to be... I think everything in the ocean swims through there at one time or another.

It's all good fun Swim, Fish, Water-ski it's going to be a great day on the water. Count our blessings we only get a few short days to enjoy.

BE SAFE!

Parodox on 68
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Yeh last week and the week before the gill netters reported Tarpon off Newport. From what i understand, it was the first time in RI history.

Home Port
    NIANTIC C.T.
    WE SHARKED THE FAIRWAY BOUY TO THE GULLY LAST WEEKEND AND HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH DOGFISH.

NOT MY SPECIALTY...BUT WHATS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN....YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME....MAYBE CATCH SOME SHARK...GO FOR IT.....AND DON'T SWIM THERE...USE OARS

Home Port
    Mystic,CT
    In reagrds to shark fishing I think getting overrun buy dogfish is the worst thing that can happen. Not to say we wont have a good time but we wont have a good time catching sharks. Hopefully the meeting down in virgina regarding dogfish goes well and the slaghter of the sea rats can commence. gonna have to make a game time dissision and hope for the best.