Thread: Blackbird Industries ??

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

Blackbird Industries ??

http://1outboard.com is their web address.

I am considering getting a remanufactured motor from them and was wondering if you (Bill) or anyone else has any experience with them or have heard anything.

From what I have been able to find, they are a class operation.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    What's the story with the Johnson? Blown water pump impeller?
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Eric,

Evinrude...not Johnson. HAHAHA, like there's a difference.

Well, LU may be reparable (not likely though, as there are 2 distinct outward bulges/cracks just in front of the water intake, that were not there before all this happended), however, it would appear that the lower end of the Power Head is toast. MAJOR clanking when the motor last run, and then an abrupt shutoff, after a whopping 45 seconds of idle connected to the flusher. It took 4-5 LONG cranks to get it started and then wham. After that, it starts, but fails out after 1-2 seconds, with a bad clank. My guess is a fried crank bearing and/or broken crank or connecting rod.

Flywheel barely turns by hand now, in fact, Mike and I couldn't advance it to the next cylinder at all after the second stop.

Will be taking what I can off the motor to part out. It's just not worth putting the amount of money into this one that will be needed.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP