Thread: Sharking off Block (Coxes Ledge) : 08/19

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

Sharking off Block (Coxes Ledge) : 08/19

I'm posting up a short synopsis of a trip taken by my friends (Roger & Pat) yesterday.

They headed out to the Coxes Ledge area off Block Island for some shark fishing. Setup in the morning. Had the slick going for 8 hours, at about a 1-1.5 kt drift. Nada, not even a take down by a Blue Dog. Using Bluefish and Mackeral for baits.

Dogfish were a problem. Taking and tearing up baits.

They said the draggers were out heavy and there were alot of big Bluefin crashing around them, with an eventual fleet of chasers trying to get one.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    CapeCod
    about the bf, did they mention what size they were seeing or if anyone was having luck landing them?
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    They were Large School Bluefins, in the 47-73" class, from what they could see. There may have been some Giants in the mix as well. Most was view via Binoculars, however, they were large fish.

As far as landing, I am not sure, but everyone and their brother was apparently in the chase, cursing and screaming at each other. Harpoon boats, along with the spreaders and chunkers were there.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    CapeCod
    lol, sounds like the same scene as stellwagen on saturday. reminded me of jaws when they're all leaving the harbor compound bows & tnt.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.