Thread: Raffle to raise money for a legal fund to fight for our fluk

Senior NBS Member Capt Neil Faulkner's Avatar
    Home Port
    Sayville, NY 11782

Raffle to raise money for a legal fund to fight for our fluk

Hi Folks,

I think we are in for a fight of our life to protect our right to go fluke fishing. I know my statement sounds over the top.

Last night I attended a meeting of United Boatmen of New York. Learned a lot and most of it was not good.

I am running a raffle to raise cash for them to fight the feds on our behalf. You can read all about it by going to www.noreast.com

Look for the forums in the discussion area. I have 2 sticky posts in the General fishing forun explaining everything. Please take a look at it. The decisions that will be made will affect the entire East coast.

Please join in with the raffle. I am working hard to get as many prizes as possible.

Thanks in advance.

Capt Neil

Custom Fishing Rods by Capt Neil
    Home of The Long Islander Series of rods
    Sayville, Long Island, New York

(631) 567-8049

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Thanks Neil.

We need to figure out a way to support that form for non-NY based users.

I am checking out the raffle stuff as well.

These proposed regulations are ridiculous. Damn tree-huggers pulling the "Save The Spiny Dogfish" routine, again, except for a species that isn't the equivalent of a marine rat.

I'll put my raffle entry dollars in with your hat.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Senior NBS Member Capt Neil Faulkner's Avatar
    Home Port
    Sayville, NY 11782
    Hi Brad,

Thank you.

Check these out.

www.unitedboatmennewyork.com

This group brought the court case and are leading the appeal. I believe the UnitedBoatmanNewJersey is working with them. I will turn over all raffle monies to the UBNY group.

www.mels-place.com

A very nice web site in New Jersey. When I found out about them I sent Mel an email asking if he would place the raffle info on his site. Also gave him the noreast site forums to check out and a NY and a NJ person he could call to check me out. He called me on Saturday to say he placed info on his site. A very detailed report on this fluke situation is on his site. Check out the pictures of old party boats.

My cry to anyone willing to listen is that this is not a one State battle. All of the States with fluke are in this together. Together we win. Divided we fall and this Appeal is the core to our success.

On Sept 6, Recreational Fishing Alliance, RFA, is holding an open house meeting. I will be there to hear what they have to say and hopefully sell some raffle tickets.

Several charter boats and party boats are running special trips shortly and all procceds will go to the UBNY legal expense kitty. The crews are working for no pay. I will be running the Port Jeff Prowler that evening.

Anyone wanting to read all this can go to www.noreast.com. Inthe top of the page is a bar with headings. Place your cursor on INTERACTIVE, a list of topics will come up, click on DISCUSSIONS, a list of forums will show up, click on the General Fisheries Forum and read the sticky posts at the top of the page.

If any of you from this site post, please say you are from NBS.

Thank you for reading this.

Capt Neil
    Custom Fishing Rods by Capt Neil
    Home of The Long Islander Series of rods
    Sayville, Long Island, New York

(631) 567-8049