Thread: Steve Irwin : DEAD : Crocodile Hunter no more : RIP

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images

Steve Irwin : DEAD : Crocodile Hunter no more : RIP

This time, it's not an eRumor. Steve Irwin was killed diving on the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, by a StingRay, with the spike piercing his chest and heart with the poisionous barb.

A real loss in my opinion. While he was a bit fanatical, he had a great respect for animals. His judgement was often called into question, and the internet warriors will now jump on this and compare him to the likes of the Grizzly Idiot and a number of other whack jobs. Typical armchair warriors who simply thrive on discounting the efforts of successfull people. I've even seen someone compare him to Michael Jackson (hanging the baby out). Idiot. I do not believe he was in the same class as those freaks. This guy was the real deal, in my opinion. His knowledge and fervor for naturalism were near unparalelled.

Discovery Channel Article

Fox News Article

MSNBS Article

God bless his family and friends. He will be missed. My 6 year old daughter is beside herself.

"NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    that sux..........

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    I heard it Monday while I was out fishing.....my brother called me on the VHF and told me (he was out fishing too and had heard in the AM before he left)....I was pretty shocked.

A real freak incident! And very unfortunate.......definitely a loss!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.