Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: this story is sad...dont do this guys

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

this story is sad...dont do this guys

this was sent to me from a member posted on another site :x :x :x :x :x :x :x ......here we go............spent alot of time searching for those yellows very dead out there. never do very well during a full moon. got two swords at atlantis using green lightsticks. small swords though. ended up trolling to the hudson. looked like new york city out there. got one fish chunkin about midnight at 50 feet down. then just at sunrise two rods go off i grab one start reelin then feel 2 weird tugs then just dead weight up comes half a 60 pound yellowfin! then just behind it a 450-500lb mako what a monster well then the kaos began trying to get a harpoon ready shark leader etc. he didnt want anything to do with the chunk of yellow, so finally the harpoon is ready we tried to stick him 5 times have to sharpen darts! we start reelin in the other yellow then bump bump anothe half a yellow comes up with him rigt behind it! now 60 lbs of yellow in his belly and he wants more, we finally said heck with it and got a gaff in him then 2 we were shocked it didnt even phase him! now a tail rope we had a steel cable coated with rubber got him cleeted off started pullin him backwards, he didnt like that much, all hell broke loose it looked like niagra falls behind the boat then 20 seconds later he was gone! snapped that steel cable like it was nothing! we just stood there shocked! was heck of a show and experience, dam makos keep winning!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    let me know what ya think :x

Senior NBS Member Capt Neil Faulkner's Avatar
    Home Port
    Sayville, NY 11782
    Hi Jim,

You asked! Here goes.

First I have to admit I am not an off shore fisherman.

Personally I think those guys were stupid and got off very cheaply. Also I would not consider them to be sportsmen.

The big shark they were messing with was full of vigor. It had not been worn out fighting a rod and reel and pulling a boat to boot. To tie a fish like that to your boat that is green as green can get, what were they thinking?

I do not know what their boat was, how big and type of construction. What if that brute had ripped off a piece of their stern and ocean came poring in? They could have ended up in the drink with the shark.

What if somehow that green monster some how jumped and came down inside the cockpit? What destruction that might have caused.

I think they got off very easy. They all got home to talk about it.

Capt Neil
    Custom Fishing Rods by Capt Neil
    Home of The Long Islander Series of rods
    Sayville, Long Island, New York

(631) 567-8049

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    you hit the nail on the head neil......should of been titled ct googan report....................... :x :x .jim

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    I think Neil summed it up pretty well :shock:

:binky:
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    CT
    Images
    Ya, that?s too bad. The boat lost 60# of yft and a mako!!

What is the point of questioning someone else?s report from another forum and discrediting the poster?

I assume the guy that posted this report is not a member here to defend himself? My guess is that there is more to this story than was included in the original post.

Pete
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    What is the point of questioning someone else?s report from another forum and discrediting the poster?

I assume the guy that posted this report is not a member here to defend himself? My guess is that there is more to this story than was included in the original post.

Pete
    Don't see how this is discrediting another poster, since no name was reference, nor where it was from. It is interesting information, and that is the type of actions that give the tree hugging Dogfish lovers more ammunition against the fishing community.

The bottom line is that it was an irresponsible move, not to mention the level of risk involved.

If there was more to the post, then I would have assumed it would have posted over there. I just cannot see why someone whom is not a harpoon boat would attempt to do this to a free swimming shark. Granted, it ate their Tuna, so I would have been irritated with that fish as well, and maybe emotion took over.

No offense meant to you Pete, however, the person was wrong, in my view.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    CT
    Images
    Possum,
    no offense taken or intended.

I?m not interested it drawing conclusions or condemning people based on a short website fishing report, especially when the person is not around to defend himself. So? here?s a link to the original post. If ya got a beef or question with what this guy did, question him directly.

http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubb/ultim.../1.html#000011

Maybe this link can be added to the CTF post, which would at least level the field.

pete

I once saw something similar while fishing the lump out of Venice, LA. The boat next to us had just stuck a 122 yellow and a couple blackfin. While pulling in a blackfin Mr. Mako decides he's ready for lunch. While the boat was rigging up with cable, another boat came up and stuck Mr. Mako with a harpoon. Needless to say, the fist boat was not happy and neither was Mr. Mako. Took them about two hours or so to finally stick it with a gaff and tie it off. I believe it was about 700lbs or so.

Brad

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pete
    Maybe this link can be added to the CTF post, which would at least level the field.
    It wouldn't last long. The post would be deleted right quick, I can assure you.
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast