Since it's slow in here I figured I'd post something to try to liven things up.
I made a single fat floating needlefish and snapped it off the first time I took it out for a test swim. It looked great in the water before I watched it sail off into the horizon so I made a few more. For some reason I made these a little different by putting some weight in the tail. They sit like a pencil popper with about 2" sticking up out of the water. Holding the rod high it can be worked like a pencil popper or a spook but when the rod is held even with the water and off to the side it walks the dog 6" inches below the surface. I took the pearl white one (Top) to the river around 2 in the afternoon on a cloudless day a couple weeks ago and a 32" striper whacked it 15' from shore.
I sealed the first 4 with epoxy and they all floated the same but I soaked the rest in a oil/mineral spirits mix and I guess they all absorbed a different amount because they float different. One actually sank, some floated with only 1" of the nose above water and a few floated almost level (flat on the surface). I'm going to seal the next batch with epoxy hoping for more consistent results. They were the ones I thought floated the best anyway.
7.5" body only and 2.7ozs.
Another herring pattern because I live in Pennsylvania by a river they spawn in. I'll be trying these next year when they show up again.
Reversed the bottom one to resemble a squid. Sinks slowly arse down.