Thread: What I did Monday afternoon instead of work

What I did Monday afternoon instead of work

After a long week last week, I decided to leave at noon on Monday.

Ran over to Weepeckets and soaked in some sun. Spent about 4 hours in the general area. Here is what I found.

The Cows are in the rocks and in deep holes. They are being shy and enticing them out is proving tricky.

I anchored up and let the wind bring me up against a few rock piles where I had a number of chasers but the only takers were juvenile delinquents (18"-22").

Caught a few Blues and gave them away to a buddy on my way back in.

Note to self:
    Put sunscreen on the boat

'73 222 Aquasport - gone

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Great report!

Hey I just noticed you have an old 222 Aquasport. Those are very cool boats. Straight Inboard?
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Yes, I love my 222. It's an outboard which lets me get REAL close to the rocks. It draws 18"
    '73 222 Aquasport - gone

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailgunner
    Yes, I love my 222. It's an outboard which lets me get REAL close to the rocks. It draws 18"
    Is that the hull that also came with a straight inboard? Did they have both?

I saw one with a straight inboard that I thought was a 222....had a Ford 302 in her.

Definitely get in skinnier water with the outboard tho. 8-)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

As far as I know there were two different 222 Aquasports. One was inboard as you noted and the outbopard version. I have never seen an inboard version in person. I *think* those were called 222 CCP but I might be wrong.

Here is what mine looks like. The Mercury stickers were peeling so I took them off. I like the stealth look of it.

'73 222 Aquasport - gone

Oh yeah, I built the console and leaning post myself. Not perfect but functional. 8)
    '73 222 Aquasport - gone