Thread: Lets talk Tuna

Lets talk Tuna

Several years ago I was bitten by the tuna bug. It's become an itch I just can't scratch enough.

So, lets talk tuna tactics.

In the gulf our tuna fishery is mostly a live bait/chunk/topwater fishery. I know most of the fishing up here is done on the troll or anchored and chunking. I'd certainly be interested in showing these yankee tuna a thing or two and sharing tactics.

Brad

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    brad, here is a trip that sticks with me. me 74 formula and roy canyon fishing last year on a 23 ftr one of the funnest trips yet...

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    brad this was a drift trip over the mouth of the fishtails 1100 ft depths we lost app 10 or so...

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    That was a hell of a trip......memories on "FINTAGE" 8)

Now Kjell is using her in Stockholm, Sweden.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    topless swedes

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTEKJim
    topless swedes
    Yes, nice thoughts! :shock:

Has anyone tried topwater fishing? I'm curious as to what kind of bait the tuna are primarily chasing. In the gulf it's flying fish. Sometimes under the lights at night you'll see a flyer take off and right underneath a tuna turn sideways to keep his eye on the bait and as soon as that flyer hits the water he just crushes it. A topwater yellowfin bite is probably one of the most exciting things I've ever come across while fishing.

Brad

Home Port
    Home
    That was the best trip of the year had a great time.