Thread: blackfish report 9/17 rhode island

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images

blackfish report 9/17 rhode island

dragged my boat from mystic to exeter ri..fished dutch island/and the jamestown bridge yesterday with roy/74formula eric. beutiful day. had app 20 blacks a few seabass. with one tog hitting the ri 16 inch limit. still a bit early. but worth a shot anyhow.....................jim

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Was a fun trip.....the one keeper measured 17", the rest were almost all right between 14" and 15". But fat and feisty. 8) Good sign for the weeks to come!

We had some good tight little areas that I knew about 8-) VERY challenging spots to fish, very "aggressive" structure to say the least LOL.

Beautiful weather all day, lots of laughs. And Roy went home with a meal lol.

On another note......point of discussion:

I know CT's size limit is 14". I personally don't agree with that limit, I think it's not worth it to kill a fish that size, as the fillets aren't even that big. There is quite a difference between a 14" and 16" fish. Very big difference. Just a personal apoinion, having fished under both RI and CT regs. :-)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

I agree with you formula
    TAKE A KID FISHING
    2007 GW330 W/T F250'S
    1974 GW 191 SPORTSMAN W/JOHNSON 115

Home Port
    RI
    After reading thread in classifieds w/ pics, I realize I was drifting right past you guys while you were toggin'. We were drifting tight to the rocks trying to pull out some stripers. My friend was flycasting and I was spinning. White northcoast 19. We had a horrilbe day that day, fished from beavertail to prudence, and got completely skunked. Woste day fishing of the season for me. I guess we should have been bottom fishing.

hope we didn't get too close.

_Z_
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    that was you???????/lol.........nict lil boat zac........lol we were anchored up...no prpblem........jim

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    LOL I remember you guys Zac........that's funny we were right next to each other and didn't know it! 8)