Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: '77 Wellcraft V-20 CC w/200 Merc in RI SOLD!!

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

'77 Wellcraft V-20 CC w/200 Merc in RI SOLD!!

My father bought this boat in 1982, and it had a 200 Black Max on it. The motor blew the powerhead off the north tip of Jamestown in '84, and my father put on a brand new '83 leftover, also a 200 Black Max.

This boat has had everything from 1300# of scup/seabass caught off Martha's Vineyard to a 501# GBFT caught off Noman's, to 400+# of Tautog....etc etc.....

You guys know what these are capable of! This one's been 60 miles offshore.

Anyway, this was winterized 2 years ago and hasn't been used since.

He just bought another boat (upgraded) this year.

I towed it to my house this past weekend to get her cleaned up and running while he is vacationing in CA for a couple weeks. I charged the batteries, put the muffs on, and fired her over. Smoked out the neighborhood blowing out the fogging oil but she fired right over and runs beautiful as always!!! (He has always used extra oil all the time and always Quicksilver, never any cheap chit).

I have yet to clean her up and take a few pics, and go thru what he has for electronics and any equipment and also to come up with a price.

She will need transom work. Though he was still using her 2 years ago, the transom needs attention. He did already do the gas tank maybe 10 years ago or so. Other than the transom, the hull is in great shape, and the floor seems solid! This was strictly a trailered boat, never moored or slipped.

The EZ-Loader Roller Trailer has been all rebuilt except for the main rails. The rear sections of the rails were getting bad and we welded very heavy angle and plates and basically rebuilt the tail section. Crossbars, axle, etc were all replaced. Trailer has Powerwinch.

Center Console has a bimini enclosure, plastic is in good shape, has "hard" curved plastic front window with the soft side windows.

I'll post up pics, price, list of equip., etc ASAP, but for now, here's a recap:

- 1977 Wellcraft V-20 Center Console
    - 1983 Mercury Black Max 200 (installed new in '84)
    - Bimini enclosure on CC
    - EZ Loader Roller Trailer w/Powerwinch

When I pulled in the driveway with it, my wife said "You know, I forgot how good looking that boat is!" She was more referring to the style than how clean it ISN'T right now lol...been under the cover the last 2 years LOL......but she's right, these are such pretty hulls!

BTW, just saw a brand new trailer on THT for $2000 here in RI! Was used once to tow a 21 Contender home, aluminum bunk Venture!

I'm sure this V-20 would fit nicely, there is a ramp 10 minutes away that I use that we could swap it out at if anyone wanted. Could get the bunks adjusted, etc right at the ramp by trial and error if necessary

The trailer it's on now, we have to repair once more on the right rear rail, as one of my dad's chicken-sh*t welds let go when I towed it to my house. This time my brother-in-law, who was a welder for 15 years, will be doing it right LOL.

It will be repaired before the boat goes anywhere!

Price of this rig:

$2,000 AS-IS.......

What's this mean........

It means I am going to get her cleaned up, we will repair the trailer, and you come get her.

Known "NEEDS".....

- Transom work
    - Trim pump works "up", but not down, the solenoid just clicks that direction, simple fix
    - Shift cable is stiff but works....needs attention to free it up some (Throttle cable is very free, and STEERING you can turn with one finger!!!)
    - Needs new compass, this one is half empty lol.

Those are what I know. Other than that, I'm not going to even guarantee lights working or not, etc......lol.....boat's been sitting under a cover 2 years, expect to check that stuff out!

Electronics: Comes with Loran C, a VHF, and a newer Fishfinder. Brands/models I will have to wait 'till my father gets back, I don't know where those are stored.

Great boat with some TLC and the above work!

Went out in the rain and snapped these pics......not the best but it's a start LOL......

Remember, I just uncovered this and haven't even taken a hose to it other than to the muffs to get her running.

Last edited by 74Formula233; 12-15-2006 at 06:38 AM.
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Interior & Transom pics coming VERY soon.....took 'em today finally.....
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    hey wheres boney in the pic??????????

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ARCTEKJim
    hey wheres boney in the pic??????????
    I sold it......didn't you see the FOR SALE post in here? It's GOOONNEEE!

Got 10 cool ones for it! 8)

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    OK, here are some interior and transom shots.

Home Port
    RI
    Those V20s are great hulls. With a little work and some new power someone could have a real "battlewaggon" on the cheap.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    The beauty is, even if they repower her, this motor sells on eBay all day long for $1500 alone

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images

Electronics

The Electronics it comes with are:

- Standard Horizon VHF
    - Raytheon L470 Fishfinder
    - Si-Tex XJ-1 Loran C

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Repaired the trailer today.

She's ready to go anytime!

Oh, also putting a new set of plugs in the motor, it's due.

even with a little work, that's worth every penny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast