Thread: 9-17 BLOCK ISLAND REPORT

Home Port
    WESTFIELD,MA.

9-17 BLOCK ISLAND REPORT

We left the Lotteryville Marina at 5:30 and were joined by 2 other boats for the trip out to the SW. side of Block to fish for Seabass. On the way over I witnessed the most amazing sunrise I have ever seen, and where was my camera, on MY boat. Once we got to the spot to fish we were soon joined by another boat from my marina.

Our first drift only consisded of scup. Then the radio chatter started Seabass over here, no they are here. So we moved quite a few times and started catching leagal sized bass. One of the other boats caught a just barely short cod & legal blackfish. We decided to head to Sharks Ledge in search of larger Seabass but ended up just catching scup. Not just any scup, three of them were absolutly huge. I got 1 that went about 3 1/2 lbs.and the next 2 were even bigger. We moved over to the SE. Light house, but that didn't produce anything. We went back to where we first started and man the area was packed. When we left for Sharks ledge there were only about 4 other boats around but when we got back there were 3 or 4 party boats, about 4 charter boats and at least 40 recreational boats. We headed back to the marina around 1pm, with a total of 27 Black Seabass and around 2 dozen scup.
    All in all it was a great day, and to think I was just going to go clamming on Sunday. :P

Rich

BOSNIA,KOSOVO,SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT,IRAQ,
    WHERE WILL THEY SEND ME NEXT

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice trip Rich!

Any time you can outnumber the scup with Seabass is a good day!!! 8)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    nice trip....................jim