Thread: Stripers

Home Port
    Delaware

Stripers

How is the Striper bite in New England these days? What's your water temperature up there? I'm sitting here in Delaware waiting for the fall run to begin.

2003 Grady White Seafarer

The striper bite is back on...It was my best season, with well over 500 bass, and over 25 of them were 40 plus lbs

Home Port
    Delaware
    Is the bite fading? What's your water temp?
    2003 Grady White Seafarer

The bite is definately not fading. In fact it is just warming up. Last three days have been some of the best of the year. I am specifically talking about Rhode Island waters.

water temps vary widely depending on where you are and also stage of the tide. Have seen as high as 69 and as low as 65.
    Was it for this my life I sought?
    Maybe so....Maybe not.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Zac, what areas have you been fishing?

Looks like tomorrow is shaping up to be a Striper/Blackfish day.......
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    RI
    Beavertail to Wickford is where i spend most of my time>

Right now night time hotspot seems to be from narr pier to bonnet. i have been using eels for decent fish to 24 lbs, mostly 18-20 lbers.

but they seem to be anywhere in that area.

if you head out in the morning be sure to snag up some pogies. best bet is greenwich bay.

also tons of daytime action with blues everywhere. also seen a few schools of albies but that bite does not seem to be reliable in the bay. maybe outside, though?

i can only fish in spurts right now cause we have a 2 moth old baby girl. after tomorrow i probably wont be able to fish again until mid/late oct.

_Z_
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    RI
    LOL, it appears that I have two different logons. One on my work computer and one on my personal computer. I will try to stick with this one from now on.

_Z_

Home Port
    Branford, CT

Central LIS Bass

Been a great season. Heating up now. A buddy trolled up 15 Sat AM. Toggin is good, too. Scup are HUGE! If we get more bunker this fall will be MAGIC! Millions of bass winter now in the Thames, Housey and CT Rivers.
    All fishermen lie, except you and me, and sometimes I'm not sure about you.