Thread: 10/3 1st ever togs/w pics

Home Port
    Madison Ct
    Images

10/3 1st ever togs/w pics

What a beautiful day leaving the East River .Our intentions were maybe catch the elusive striper dragging a tube and worm around the rock piles near the mouth of the river and shoreline heading west.Still no Bass So we headed out to Falkners and fished NE of the island in 18 to 30 feet of water .Big porgies up to 18 inches 1 Black seabass keeper on squid and sandworms and a blue live lining a scup.We went west of goose rocks looking for togs in 5 to 14 feet of water but relocated after 3 seals showed up.We ended up at the mouth of the West river on a rock pile and landed 4 nice togs from 16 to 20 inches using greenies cut in half.We fished 6 to 13 feet of water .the water temp was 64.5.On the outgoing tide till slack. What a great day to be out there .My first time toggin .I'm hooked now

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Nice mixed bag....

And welcome to Toggin'

I've been doing it as long as I've been able to stand up and hold a fishing pole.....

So I remember when we'd do 400# trips of Togs........but I still love even the "lighter" trips we have now......

Something about it.....look forward to it every fall 8)

This year we started earlier (due to some inside information I had of some 10#ers haging around )

http://arctekmarine.com/offshore/viewtopic.php?t=577

And then this past weekend:

http://arctekmarine.com/offshore/viewtopic.php?t=748
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

4 SPECIES? IN THE PARK HOME RUN?
    NICE....

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    good job....toggin is addicting........jim :P

Home Port
    Clinton, CT
    Images
    Great mixed bag.
    We started toggin' last year :shock: :?
    not sure why not sooner :?
    BUT it certainly is addicting!!
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.