Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tog tourney?

tog tourney?

heard some talk recently of a possible tog tournament.....
    any motion or interest in this?
    as an addicted togger, team special K would be in, especially if a weigh station on the mystic river participates.
    cheers! cap'n mick

Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Some talks occurring, we'll let u know soon as we know. 8)
    Sportfishing Forums | Saltwater Fishing, Deep Sea Fishing, Big Game and Sport Fishing Reports; for the serious Sportfisherman.

Home Port
    Coastal New England
    Images
    Yup yup Special K, in the works. Hey, I may actually get my boat back down the marina soon, yeeha, with a replaced motor just in time for the last few trips of the season....for TOGS
    "NO CACHE" 2002 Carolina Skiff 238 Semi-V w/Mercury 125 HP

Home Port
    WESTFIELD,MA.
    I'M in, as long as the weigh in is close to the RI. border. I'm trying to run the boat out of fuel for winter storage. I don't plan ( I hope ) on putting anymore gas in it. Last night the wife mentioned keeping it in until mid Nov. even though the facililities at our marina close up the last weekend in Oct., so I might have to gas her up a couple more times.
    Keep us posted on the tourny. the wife is a tog killer. :lol:

Rich
    BOSNIA,KOSOVO,SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT,IRAQ,
    WHERE WILL THEY SEND ME NEXT

Home Port
    SUNNY, ARIZONA
    Images
    nice pic................ we will see on the blackfish tournament...

Although a Tautog Tourney would be great. I think we may have to do it next season. With all the hard work everyone is doing to getting this thing rolling, we may not have the time to organize an outing this year. Next season, as this "machine" becomes self running, we can put the time deserved into organizing a good outing .

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Maybe spring we can run one for starters......would be a good start for a real good fall one

JJJ, not to offer unwanted advise, but i've never heard of wintering a boat with empty fuel tanks. i've always stored mine FULL. something new with the ethanol gas?? thought being is that empty tanks will collect condensation, will e-10 fuel absorb water during storage?
    anyway........lots of toggin' to do before i put the boat to bed & pick up my gun!
    cheers! cap'n mick

Home Port
    Exeter, Rhode Island
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Special K
    JJJ, not to offer unwanted advise, but i've never heard of wintering a boat with empty fuel tanks. i've always stored mine FULL. something new with the ethanol gas?? thought being is that empty tanks will collect condensation, will e-10 fuel absorb water during storage?
    anyway........lots of toggin' to do before i put the boat to bed & pick up my gun!
    cheers! cap'n mick
    Mick, it's because of the ethanol........empty is best now......

Full tank will leave you with tons of water and fuel that has much less octane than it started with by the spring time.......

Check out the Boat US website, it'll explain it all.....

Home Port
    WESTFIELD,MA.
    Secial K
    I was told to empty the tank because of the ethanol in the gas. It reduces the octane in the gas,absorbs water, and in some cases,depending on what your gas tank is made of, it can deteriorate the tank.

Rich
    BOSNIA,KOSOVO,SAUDI ARABIA, KUWAIT,IRAQ,
    WHERE WILL THEY SEND ME NEXT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast